Friday, January 2, 2015

First Thing is First

Code Name: 928 Alien Girl





NEW YEAR 2015

 

When the sun arose today, I didn’t feel like a new person.

I wiped the sleep out of my eyes.

My coffee slipped over my lips the same way it always had...the same way it always will.

A new year; but for this one time I did not bring unrealistic expectations to the table.

I did not anticipate that all things would be perfect and new.

Rather it was the opposite this time around the block,

I carried with me a hearty dose of realism.

My backpack of dreams had been heavy.

It seems like over the years I had collected garbage.

Things that no longer suited me I continued to carry on my back,

as if it were my responsibility.

Today I choose to acknowledge reality,

whether the taste be bitter or sweet makes no difference to me.

I shall savor each day and what it brings, all while walking with my head up.

I no longer want to miss my journey while walking toward the star.

Simply by the fact that I am walking,

the Universe shall bring me all I need and desire.

No cumbersome bags required.

When the sun set today, I didn’t feel like a new person.

Yet I know that I am.

2 comments: